1. * Read the top ten books related to your book topic.
2. Ask: how can I make my book better and/or unique enough for readers to want to buy?
3. In your research, take lots of notes. (These notes will feed your imagination and also provide you with writing material to draw from).
4. Set a goal of X hours or X pages of writing per day. (Try to keep a consistent writing schedule).
5. Turn on computer. Apply bum glue and sit on chair.
6. Start writing and don’t stop until you’ve reached your daily goal.
7. If you really want to shine, Stephen King suggests maintaining a DAILY schedule of 4 to 6 hours of reading and writing in your genre.
8. Keep at it and your book will be finished.
9. Edit and polish to a glossy shine before submitting.
10. THE END is usually reserved for fairy tales. Time to promote the heck out of it!
* This list assumes you’ve already done your homework and know who your reader is and what main author platform (speaking, blogging, radio, TV, viral videos, etc.) you will use to reach your target audience.
If you’re an author, independent publisher, speaker, or aspiring author dreaming of writing and publishing a book, you might want to check out this crash course for publishing success: AUTHOR 101 UNIVERSITY
Click on the link above to learn more about the program and watch inspiring videos of participant success stories.
To your writing success,
Freelance Writer, Essayist
Author of “Psychology of the Hero Soul”
An inspirational book on awakening the hero within